As a result of the Department of Health’s guidelines on safeguarding against Covid-19 Erin School of English will be introducing the following rules and restrictions to our centre. We know that some of these rules may seem very strict but they are designed to keep all of us safe as we return to classes. We ask that you read these rules carefully and always follow them when in school so that together we can make sure we all stay safe.
Before Starting or Returning to School
- Before returning to school all students must complete the Covid-19 questionnaire. The questionnaire can be found on our website at https://erinschoolofenglish.com/covid-19-questionnaire/. You will not be allowed to return to school until the questionnaire has been completed. This is a government requirement for all businesses.
- Any students arriving in Ireland from abroad will have to self-isolate for 14 days before starting their course.
Social Distancing and Hygiene: Classes and School Facilities
- Facemasks will be compulsory when in school. Please make sure to always bring a mask with you as we cannot allow anyone without a mask to remain in the centre. We recommend that you purchase a re-usable mask for yourself.
- Hand-sanitisers will be provided throughout the school and in every classroom. Please make sure to use them regularly, particularly on entry to a room.
- Please remember to keep a minimum of one meter distance from your classmates, teacher and other staff. There will be markings in the classrooms and all desks will be separated to help with this. Please don’t gather in corridors, on the stairs or just outside the building as this will make it impossible for distancing to be maintained.
- Each class will have set break times from now on so that the number of people wishing to use the toilets or go outside is small enough to allow distancing.
- Please don’t use the lift, this is a very small closed space where the virus can spread very easily.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the centre under the current circumstances. The vending machines and water fountains will be turned off. We understand that this may cause inconvenience but is necessary to reduce the risk of Covid-19 and to help the cleaners to do their jobs safely.
- The student room and the study room will both be closed for the present in order to maintain social distancing.
- The start and finish times of your class may be changed slightly so that we can manage the number of people arriving and leaving school at the same time. Again, we understand that this might be difficult for you but it is only being done to help maintain social distancing and protect us all.
- We understand that there may be more issues with public transportation than normal and so we will be allowing some more flexibility with lateness. You will be allowed to arrive up to 15 minutes late for class – but this should not be happening on a daily basis.
Reception and Administration
- Reception will operate on an appointment only basis and through online video meetings. This is because the reception staff come into contact with more people than anyone else in the school. Video meetings will help to protect both them and you from infection. Any general requests for student letters, book changes, etc can be made by emailing [email protected]. All general requests will be responded to within 48 hours. You can request a video call with the reception team at https://erinschoolofenglish.com/online-appointment/.
- Don’t forget that you can use the online student portal to check your course dates, holiday record, exam date, classroom number, attendance records and updated class start time. You can also request your student letter.
- If you need to return or exchange your coursebook, please leave it in the Book Box next to the reception area. The reception team will arrange a new book for you and it will be waiting for you in class. All books must be returned in their plastic cover with your name and database number on the front. All books will be decontaminated and/or stored until they are safe before be passed on to a new student.
- If at any time you develop symptoms of Covid-19 or learn that you have been in contact with someone who has the virus you must inform the school immediately as you will need to be tested and to isolate until you receive the result or 14 days pass. This will not affect your attendance in any way. We understand that this loss of classes may be frustrating but again we need you to help us to protect everyone who attends the school.
- If you change your address or phone number please make certain you tell the school immediately – we will need this information to allow us to carry out contact tracing.
- We recommend that all students download the Irish Covid-19 tracing app, available from the app store on Apple and Android phones. You will need to turn on Bluetooth and provide them with some basic details (phone number, age range, general location). The app will let you know if you come into contact with someone who has Covid-19, which will make it much easier to arrange a quick test and reduce the time you need to spend isolating if you do not have the virus.
Classes and school will be a little bit different for a while until we have the virus under control but if we all work together and follow these rules, we can protect each other and hopefully ensure that our normal classes can continue to run safely.
If you have any questions about anything in these guidelines, please email us at [email protected]